The family law department team is made up of solicitors Amy Stewart (Head of Department), Nicola Mogford, Laura Carter, Sarah Phippen, and Stacey Holmes, who also deals with criminal law.
Amy Stewart, Nicola Mogford and Laura Carter are members of the Law Society’s children panel, and Sarah Phippen is a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives.
The team also includes trainee solicitors and paralegal personnel.
Dealing with matters that affect the family is very stressful and we understand this. Our experienced lawyers are able to help withal aspects of family law, including:
- Ancillary relief proceedings – financial matters following the breakdown of a relationship for both married and non-married couples;
- Domestic violence, including injunctions and occupation orders relating to the home;
- Other situations, such as the threat that children will be taken out of the country or moved to another part of the UK;
- Breakdown of non-marital relationship, including applications relating to shared property, whether jointly owned or owned by one party;
- Public law children matters, including situations where there are disputes with Social Services, such as children being taken into care, contact with children in care and adoption;
- Private law children matters, including applications for child arrangement orders to determine who a child can spend time or live with, as well as applications relating to a specific issue or an order, for example, to prevent the removal of a child;
- Living-together agreements;
- Pre-nuptial agreements;
- Changes of name.
There is always access to assistance through the 24-hour pager service in the case of an emergency.
Please contact us to discuss your case.